Saturday, January 12, 2008

Monday Night Money

Check-In: -$625.88
I was wrong... it can hurt...
Still, this is what I need to see in black and white... to know that I need to change things and to know that the changes are making a difference.
I knew we were in trouble (finances) this weekend, and I wanted to stick to only using cash on hand, so I felt awful begrudging the money I spent at Aldi's on crackers for an appetizer for a belated Christmas dinner and I felt even worse when my sister asked me to pick up a Coke for her on the way back to my parents' house on Saturday night and I had to act like I had forgotten on the way and, again, on Sunday when we went back over there and my mom wanted me to pick up buns at the store. I didn't actually have to lie, saying that I didn't have my wallet with me, but I purposely left my wallet at home so I wouldn't have any cash with me to spend. Not being able to do such simple things to help my family is something that makes me realize that I need to gain control in this area... need to stay on top of things so that this sort of thing doesn't happen again.

No comments: