Monday, March 17, 2008

Prelude

Monday Night Money is coming (after the kids are in bed) but I was reading some blogs in the mean time... "blog-surfing", as I saw someone refer to it. I found quite a few more financial blogs to check out and enjoy, so look for some additions to the "Money-related Links" in the near future. Anyway, as I was "blog-surfing", I came across this article: Your Tax Dollars at Work: $42 Million Just to Mail Out Tax Rebate Reminder Letters. I just couldn't help posting it here. $42 MILLION!!! Can you believe our government?! Sadly, I can. Just last week, when the glorified postcards came out, I was lamenting the waste to one of my co-workers. They recieved 4 different notices at their house- one for her, one for her boyfriend, one for her high school-aged son, and one for her ex-husband (that has been living in the Netherlands for almost a year now!) But now, seeing an actual dollar-amount spent for this, I'm just sickened! Who here thinks that $42 million could be spent on more worthwhile endeavors? Sheesh!

No comments: